Saturday, January 24, 2009

Memories

(For those new to this site, it's set up so players, friends and family of Marion (Pete) Pierson can share the lessons they learned from Coach Pete and their stories and memories. What have you learned from Coach Pete, whether by word or example? Please let us know. To post, click on the comments section or e-mail me, mjpierson@yahoo.com. To view, check both postings and the comments section.)

TO HONOR MARION C. PIERSON…..
On February 3, 1933, God sent a precious gift to the Pierson Family! That gift was our little brother we had wished for a very long time. Four little sisters excited and with much happiness welcomed our bundle of joy and Daddy named him MARION COLUMBUS PIERSON,…the name coming from our Grandfather Pierson!. We were so thrilled that we finally had a brother to “dote on and to spoil” the rest of his life….and he was always special to me. I know my Ed, Mama, Daddy and Pansye, were there to greet you!....and MARION, YOU HOLD A SPECIAL PLACE IN GOD’s HEART, AND A SPECIAL PURPOSE IN THIS WORLD, AND THAT MAKES YOU IRREPLACEABLE.
Mary Alma Pierson Wood, your loving sister


When I was 11 years old, I would stand outside at night and wish on the stars for a brother and on Feb. 3, 1933, he was given to us and what a blessing he was from that time on. He was so dear and such a caring brother, always calling to see if we were OK. He cared for me and my whole family. He was interested in all my children and grandchildren did. He never tired of my grandmother stories. In the summer he would open the back and call out, “Suster I have something for you” and be holding a big basket full of peaches, my favorite, and of course that wonderful smile because he knew he had made me happy. We loved him so and it was a joy to do things for him. And we are thankful to have had him for 75 years.
Minnie Bell “Suster”


Marion “Pete” Pierson became my brother-in-law in April 1942. All these years we have been friends and enjoyed many good times together. We both enjoyed fishing and the last time he carried me he caught a big 5-pound bass, and that big smile was bigger than ever and he was proud to show it off. We loved him very much and will miss him so much.
Norman Mills

No comments:

Post a Comment